Have you been fired, demoted or harassed at work for any of the following reasons?
- Filing a complaint about a superior or co-worker
- Applying for family or medical leave
- Applying for workers' compensation benefits
- Because you are pregnant or asked for disability accommodation
- Because of your race, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation
- For reporting fraud or unlawful conduct in the company
Is your manager making an example out of you by trying to discourage the other workers from filing legitimate claims for benefits or reporting company wrongdoing?
You may have a right to compensation because your employer is retaliating against you for taking a lawful action.
RG Lawyers LLP Will Hold Your Employer Responsible And Fight For You
The attorneys at RG Lawyers LLP are not afraid to stand up to companies and bosses who think that they can get by with this kind of behavior. Employers who violate the law should be held accountable.
We are passionate about protecting your rights in the workplace. We want to level the playing field so that employees feel safe while at work and secure in their jobs.
- We work with a team of top investigators to document the details of what you have been through.
- The investigation helps us determine the best course of action to take to obtain the best result for your specific situation.
- There are several state and federal laws that might be applicable. Which ones apply can sometimes depend upon whether you reported the employer's actions to someone within your company or to an outside governmental agency.
- Once we understand the facts comprising your case, we can then determine which laws the employer violated and start a lawsuit, when warranted.
California's Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) protects employees from retaliation for reporting illegal activity in the workplace. The California Business and Professions Code sections, prohibiting unlawful business practices, and the California Labor Code Private Attorney General Act also provide employee protection. Through the legal system, the employer may be ordered to pay compensation to you, change its behavior, or be fined by federal and state agencies for its violations.
Contact A Los Angeles Retaliation Lawyer To Understand Your Rights
If you reported a wrongdoing such as discrimination or harassment at your workplace and were retaliated against by your employer, you may have an actionable claim under the FEHA and other state and federal laws.
Our lawyers in Los Angeles have extensive experience handling employment retaliation matters and can advise you about your options.
We accept all cases of retaliation on a contingent fee basis — that means we collect no attorney's fees unless your claim is successful, either through settlement or at trial. For additional information and a free consultation about your claim, contact the Los Angeles retaliation lawyers at RG Lawyers LLP through email or call us at 818-815-2727 to arrange a consultation.