Contact the Los Angles retaliation lawyers of Rheuban & Gresen if you believe that you have been fired, demoted, or disciplined at work for asserting a protected right. Some employers or managers make an example of one unfortunate employee in order to discourage the other workers from, among other things, filing complaints, applying for medical leave, or acting as a whistleblower to report unlawful conduct in the company.
Examples of Company Retaliation Against Employees
Examples of illegal employer retaliation include termination, demotion, or harassment, resulting from:
- The filing of a workers' compensation claim
- The submission of a complaint to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- The reporting of fraudulent practices to a county, city, state or federal agency
- Complaints of sexual harassment in the workplace
- Taking leave for pregnancy, maternity, or a family member's illness as protected under the California Family Rights Act
- The support of a coworker's complaint of race discrimination, sexual harassment, or other unlawful practice in a company investigation or civil lawsuit
Contact a Los Angeles Retaliation Lawyer Today!
Our experience with retaliation claims in the workplace allows us to make an effective investigation and presentation of your claim. Our Los Angeles retaliation attorneys also look to maximize your recovery by maintaining an action, where appropriate, under such statutes as the California Business & Professions Code sections prohibiting unlawful business practices or the California Private Attorneys General Act.
We accept all cases of retaliation on a contingent fee basis - that means we collect no attorney's fees unless your claim is successful, either through settlement or at trial. For additional information and a free consultation about your claim, contact the Los Angeles retaliation lawyers at the Law Offices of Rheuban & Gresen.